Thursday, February 16, 2012

Risks and Rewards






The first time this bright blue shirt dress caught my eye I knew it had to be mine. It had all the classic makings of my ideal shirt- long enough to be worn as a dress, soft to the touch, with a unique detail on the collar that plunges to just the right depth to allow a silver necklace to POP. The color was the only thing stopping me from buying it the first few times I tried it on in the store, but somehow I could not bring myself to even look at the black or olive versions. At the last minute I went looking for it on my weekly visit to Urban Outfitters and to my horror there were none left in my size! When I finally managed to locate the last one on a mannequin in the store window, I knew I had to buy it right then.

When I got it home after a long day of shopping I found it hopelessly wrinkled by being smushed under a few other bags, but I couldn't wait to iron it before I wore it on a depressingly grey that cried out for some color. The red slouchy bag seemed the perfect accessory for an outfit based on bright colors. Thigh-high socks are one of my favorite alternatives to leggings on days when it's a little to cold to wear bare legs.

Anyway, I took a risk on this color and now I can't imagine my life without it!

xx j         

1 comment:

  1. Amazing outfit dear!
    Gorgeous blog! Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete