Monday, January 30, 2012

SUNdays



On the rare occasions my hair behaves calmly, I am able to form these nice, soft curls with a 1 and 1/2 inch curling iron. My hair and I have a special relationship that is, for the most part, love/hate. Most days I let it dry after washing (the amount of conditioner and leave-in conditioner I go through is truly unhealthy) and then go through it a few times with a curling iron, producing the results above. I have managed to break this biweekly routine down to around 20 minutes after many years of practice. This color is basically natural, the dark black dye has faded to around halfway down by now I guess. My hair is very slow growing, so despite the time commitment it requires, I am loving the length.

This picture was taken by my sister on a whim when I happened to have a good base for my curling. As lovely as the curls are, they only last for a short time before they fall out and become just plain wavy, no matter how much hairspray I use. I broke my favorite pair of cat eye sunglasses, so I had to dig out my emergency backup pair of aviators I got last summer from Free People. The outfit was just a casual sweatshirt from a trip, and I wasn't wearing any makeup, as is my custom on work at home Sundays.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

xx j

No comments:

Post a Comment